Nutrition is key to wellness. Fill out the contact form, and provide us with a time to schedule a one-on-one consultation with our nutritional coach.What we put into our bodies is important in how our bodies function on a day to day basis.
How does your daily diet stack up?Our current state of health is alarming, would you not agree? Let me share some key points how Americans stack up.
- 1Starbucks spends more on healthcare than on coffee beans
- 2General Motors spends more on healthcare than on steel
- 3Alabama has imposed a fat tax, with other states to follow
- 4USA ranks 74th in the World in health out of 191 countries
- 5USA consumes 40% of the world’s pharmaceuticals
- 6Americans spend more on healthcare than housing and food
- 7Obesity is growing with the USA being the biggest in the world. Obesity is a nutritional problem not a calorie problem.
- 8Diabetes has risen 700% over the last decade
- 9Ask not what the government can do for you, but what you can do for yourself and your family to maintain optimal health
- 10Nutrition is the key to optimal health. The healthier you are; the better you perform, the better you think, & the better you feel. You have a choice.
We have some problems don’t we? Do you think these issues are going to improve over the next few years? Probably not. The bottom line is how your current state of health is and how you plan to stay healthy, at optimal health for yourself and your family.
So how do you change? How do you choose? At Hoffman Chiropractic Neurology, we are on the cutting edge of the latest in nutritional science and technology. We have aligned ourselves with the best in research. Our focus is healthy cells make healthy bodies. We look at cellular level, and what is needed here. This is called micro nutrition.
Let’s face it we don’t get the necessary nutrients in our basic American diet of fast foods.
Fruits and Vegetables Are Important for Good Health
Nutrient Levels in Fresh Fruits and Vegetables Are Declining
Nutrition is key to everything.
- Hyson D. The Health Benefits of Fruits and Vegetables: A Scientific Overview for Health Professionals. Wilmington, DE: Produce for Better Health Foundation, 2002.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and U.S. Department of Agriculture. Dietary Guidelines for Americans, 2005. 6th Edition, Washington DC: U.S. Government Printing Office,2005.
- Casagrande SS, Wang Y, Anderson C, et al. Have Americans increased their fruit and vegetable intake? The trends between 1988 and 2002. Am J Prev Med 2007;32(4): 257-63.
- Mayer A-M. Historical changes in the mineral content of fruits and vegetables. Brit Food J 1997; 96(6):207?11.
- Christian J. Charts: Nutrient changes in vegetables and fruits, 1951 to 1999. CTV.ca News 2002.
- Davis DR, Epp MD, Riordan HD. Changes in USDA Food Composition for 43 Garden Crops, 1950 to 1999. J Am C Nutr 2004; 23(6):669-82.
Bottom line, we need to take supplements and take a look at the entire picture and how it relates to your current state of health.
Do you want to truly improve your health? Improve your family’s health?
You may reach our nutrition team at 815.937.0446